Our fire marshal course is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to act as a fire marshal or fire warden in the workplace. The fire marshal works together with the employer to ensure that fire safety measures and evacuation procedures are in place and effective. This course will cover how to create and action these procedures as well as highlighting fire hazards.
What is covered?
- Delivered in compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire & Safety) Order 2005
- The principles of fire safety and the role of the fire marshal in promoting fire safety in the workplace
- The types of fires that may occur in the workplace and the appropriate fire-fighting equipment to use in each case
- The action to be taken in the event of a fire, including raising the alarm, evacuating the building, and using fire-fighting equipment
- The principles of fire risk assessment and the role of the fire marshal in identifying and controlling fire hazards in the workplace
- The legal requirements related to fire safety in the workplace and the responsibilities of employers and employees
Successful delegates will receive a certificate valid for three years.
When and where?
Courses can be arranged on request for large groups, or delegates can join a prearranged course if there are fewer numbers, get in touch to find out what courses are running. We ask all delegates to arrive at 8:00am on the course date so that the training can start on time.
Most of our training is delivered at our City Depot in Canning Town, a few minutes walk from Star Lane DLR station. The full address and contact information are available here. However training is also available at our other depots based in Croydon and Wembley, or we can delivery training at your place of work, please contact us for further details.
On-site training course requirements
We can offer this course at your place of work if it is in the London area. For this option the venue must be large enough to accommodate all of the delegates with the maximum being 12 people and with enough floor space to be able to perform practical exercises if necessary. The venue must be clean, warm and dry, Fire marshal courses require an outside space large enough to accommodate 12 delegates for the practical use of fire extinguishers.
Be aware that if these requirements are not met, we may be unable to offer the training course and you will be liable for the full cost.
This course is delivered over ½ day.
How many people?
Up to 12 people on each course.
What do I need to bring?
Each delegate will need to wear steel-capped boots, gloves, a high-viz jacket or vest and a hard hat. This equipment is available to buy from us on the day, but we cannot guarantee that the correct size will be in stock.
How is it assessed?
Course notes will be provided for reference and a certificate of attendance awarded.
How much does it cost?
Prices vary depending on the number of delegates, get in touch to receive a quote.
Get in touch and booking details
You can receive further information and a quote by completing the form under the ‘Book this course’ tab, or by emailing us at [email protected] or call 020 7232 5640