Depot Manager – Wembley
Do you enjoy the challenge of running a busy depot? Are you a team player committed to giving great service? Would you like to be a part of a company known for its fun, engaging and supportive culture?
We are looking for a depot or branch manager from a tool, plant, access, or equipment hire background who is keen to develop their career and help us grow our business.
The Hireman is an independent tool hire business providing construction equipment services to professional contractors working in London, the Home Counties and beyond. Established in 1985, we have a long track record, an excellent reputation, and an exciting strategy for growth. We believe we’re successful because we go out of our way to help our customers, and we provide our people with everything they need to do this and advance their own careers.
What will I be doing?
Based in the hire office, you will play a key role in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the depot. Your primary focus will be running the hire office and transport schedule, working closely with our workshop, warehouse, hire office and driving teams to coordinate our service delivery and provide outstanding customer experiences. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of the depot while maintaining the highest levels of safety, efficiency, and profitability.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
Team Leadership / People Management
- Supervise and lead the team providing guidance and training.
- Foster a positive and productive work environment, promoting teamwork and professional development.
- Oversee all aspects of the depot’s operations, including the transport schedule to ensure a prompt same-day and next-day service.
- Ensure accurate inventory management, conducting regular stock checks and replenishing supplies as needed.
- Implement and improve processes to streamline operations and enhance overall efficiency.
- Champion a customer-centric approach by delivering exceptional service to all customers, addressing contract queries, and resolving issues promptly.
- Work closely with the team to ensure customers receive appropriate guidance on equipment selection and usage.
Sales and Business Development
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify potential business opportunities and foster positive relationships with key clients.
- Work towards achieving sales targets and revenue goals for the depot.
- Work with the wider management team to achieve company goals.
What do I need?
- Proven experience of managing a team within the tool, plant, access, or any other equipment hire background
- Enthusiasm to learn about our business and range of equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to build positive relationships with the depot team and customers
- A proactive and adaptable mindset, capable of handling multiple tasks and priorities effectively
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- A good level of numeracy, literacy and IT skill
- A sense of humour
What are we offering?
- Excellent salary, negotiable based on experience
- Company vehicle
- Monthly bonus scheme
- Health cash plan
- An enhanced contributory workplace pension scheme
- 33 days’ annual leave, including bank holidays
- Working hours of 7.30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Company work wear, including PPE
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and drinks in the depot
- Free equipment loans and staff discount on purchases
- Regular social events including annual summer and Christmas parties
- A turkey at Christmas (or other seasonal gift)
Apply for role