Business Development Manager
Are you skilled at finding and developing new business? Do you have lots of existing relationships in the construction industry? Do you want to be a part of a dynamic, fun and supportive SME with exciting plans for growth?
The Hireman is an independent tool hire business providing construction equipment services to professional contractors working in London, the Home Counties and beyond. Established in 1985, we have a long track record, an excellent reputation, and an exciting strategy for growth. We believe we’re successful because we go out of our way to help our customers, and we provide our people with everything they need to do this and advance their own careers.
You will be part of our sales team, working alongside our depot managers and their operational teams, reporting to our head of sales. You will be someone who enjoys, and can strike a balance between, new business development and existing account management, with the following responsibilities:
- Use your contacts and relationships to enhance and expand our client base
- Actively seek out new business opportunities through cold calling, site visits and networking
- Negotiate and close deals that deliver value for both parties
- Manage existing accounts with an emphasis on developing the relationship for growth
- Engage in customer entertaining, e.g. meals, sports events, music concerts, comedy nights etc.
- Deal with customer enquiries, providing quotes, advice and support
This role would suit someone based within Kent, Surrey, Sussex, South East or South West London.
You will be a positive and confident communicator with the following skills and experience:
- A background in hire or sales to the construction industry
- A good working history, demonstrating commitment, integrity and progression
- A friendly, enthusiastic and commercially focused approach
- A good level of numeracy and literacy (including IT)
- A sense of humour
- Excellent salary, negotiable based on experience
- Uncapped commission-based bonus scheme (worth 20%+ of salary)
- Company vehicle or car allowance
- An enhanced contributory Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Working hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- 33 days’ annual leave, including bank holidays
- Free equipment loans and staff discount on purchases
- Fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the depots
- Regular social events including an annual summer and Christmas party
- A turkey at Christmas (or other seasonal gift)